Mangago Subreddit Stolen by Greedy BoysLove Owner

Mangago

Administrator
Staff member
Hi curious newcomer!

Sorry to be a bearer of bad news, but also this might be a new opportunity for us Mangago Discord https://discord.gg/wvZekqxyWp residents.

So long story short:

Our Community Subreddit was Forcibly Stolen by Greedy BoysLove Owner, a complete stranger with 0 prior post history on here, who refuses to give us any powers or oversight to modify or edit it anymore; please do not visit the reddit anymore, it got stolen so don't give it free traffic.

Our subreddit that we built from **scratch** starting from 0 members to 14,000, got **stolen** by a **complete stranger** who owns a 55k subscribers subreddit boyslove, so he didn't even need our subreddit. This greedy boyslove owner, when told that he could stay but to please give Mod to one of our members, said "no."

He NEVER posted on our subreddit until a few days ago, when he was suddenly the owner. HOW did he steal it? Long story short, one of our admins was quitting reddit and deleted his account but forgot to make one of our mods the new owner. Since he forgot to transfer ownership, our staff member went and requested Reddit, Reddit Admin refused and immediately handed ownership to a Boyslove owner who had 55k subscribers. The boyslove owner then refused to give us any power over the subreddit, and even took down all our Discord links and everything, even though we built this subreddit as our community reddit, promoted and grew everything from 0.

Fuck reddit, I think this was intentional on Reddit's part:

1673246200224.png

SO a lot of our staff members, including Klouds, are very heartbroken or depressed about getting essentially scammed. After 3 years of work building up our subreddit and COMMUNITY from 0 to 14k, we were essentially "hacked" by an owner who already owns a 55k subreddit. When we asked if we could become moderators of our old subreddit again (We had mod up until a few days ago, when it was stripped from us), the new moderator and Boyslove owner called the subreddit TOO INACTIVE to warrant hiring new mods like us. When in reality, it was inactive because he suddenly took over and wasn't doing what we were doing.

So to cheer our staff members up, I decided to try making a website outside of reddit. Sadly, this is the only type of software I know how to do, because I got inspired by this OTHER website: https://tattle.life/

I can't get anything similar to our subreddit again without heavy research and I'm about to start a full time job. So I hope you guys will appreciate what I've done so far.

So I hope you guys can just bring activity up. Please **message** me if you need any help navigating this new software. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience, but I'd really appreciate if you guys could just sign up and start using this as OFTEN as possible. If we boost this site's activity up, the sting of having our 14000 community (which we built from scratch) stolen from us would sting less.

When we asked for a moderator position, we were rejected, and when we explained that we built it from scratch, and that it hurts no one to just give us the mod position back (it's not like he'd lose his own role, he has the power to appoint unlimited moderators, we were just asking for 1 mod,) we were BANNED. From the subreddit that WE created and built for the past 3 years.

Anyway Thank you for understanding.

Feel free to leave messages of support for our Discord Staff team, they surely must be heartbroken. XD

Thank you so much!

Mango & Manga Discord Team

Also bonus:
As this might encourage more sign-ups and make our moderators and admins feel better, I'm offering free NITRO or **straight up cash** (cashapp/paypal) or amazon gift (or specific webtoon unlocks) if you sign up to https://mangagochat.com/register with your Discord Name. Winners will be chosen through a random number generator OR randomly selected throughout this forum based on "posts". :)

Last edited:

brick

It truly sucks that this had to happen to you guys. Sending all my love and support, though I wasn't as active on the reddit; it's depressing to see what happened to it! :( I'll be sure to support this site and the team <3

akari_tyan

I have been with you all only for a few days but it's so sad that this happened with you... (and happened in general, wouldn't thought that Reddit Admin would do something like that)
I can't say anything much but now I'm with you and I know there will be more people like me that will start this journey only from this point so let's make a better place together! ❤️ 💙 💜

brother

What the hell?! I'm so sorry to hear this happened, what an awful reddit admin. I'm glad you've just made a new website dedicated to it, will be much easier to manage :) ❤️❤️

Mangago

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you so much each one of you here for the moral support! IT really does make our staff team feel more encouraged again from the demoralized hard work of 3 yrs down the drain. AT LEAST we still have our Discord Community, and site-side we can still rebuild from scratch :')

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Feel free to make whatever threads you want (pretend this is like reddit but more freedom,) make yourselves at home :)

KimRS

Gosh reddit is a meanie. Imma leave that subreddit like rn. A dedicated website is better imo. Good job on your side for that and I hope this website will become even more successful in the future!

Alison

What, whaaaat, party on this site! 🎉 Personally hated reddit, so incredibly happy to be a part of the community here. We're always there for you.

Erisanne

Wow, that really awful. I'm sorry that happened to you guys.

There is surprisingly a lot of shady mod/admin drama on Reddit, where subs get overtaken over by new people with the secret support of admins behind their backs. People have no power against the admins there, and if you call them out, they just ban you :/

I wish you guys luck on rebuilding your community here.

Madde

Sheesh~ So sorry to hear this happened to you guys... I personally never used reddit. But been using mango for a long time and been in the disc server for a while too..... It sucks that this happened....
Lots of hugs and pats for y'all, for working so hard and these tough times.... 🫂🫂Ganbatte~ Dun give up hope~
The people who stole the sub-reddit are such jerks, this is too low... 🗡️🗡️

Aki

Man its sucks that this happened and im sorry for you guys! And that guy Greedy BoysLove Owner is an ass (ʘ言ʘ╬)

But on the brighter side! Grats on the new website! Let's build an awesome community here <3

Daddy_Shalissa

I’m so sorry about the subreddit getting hacked but I’m honestly really excited for the website because it has a more similar feel to the og comment postings on managago!

Pocan

Sorry to hear about that :/
I just learned about the site today since the comment section came back
I really like here and wish for the best! Cheer up guys! You did a great job here :D